Sunday, December 11, 2011
Card Of The Day #16 – Inzektor Hornet
Dark / Insect / Effect Monster
ATK: 500 DEF: 200
Once per turn: You can equip 1 "Inzektor" monster in your hand or Graveyard to this card. While this card is equipped to a monster, increase the equipped monster's Level by 3, and ATK and DEF by this card's ATK and DEF, respectively. You can send this Equip Card to the Graveyard to target 1 card on the field; destroy it.
Today we will continue talking about cards coming out in “Order Of Chaos” by covering one of the best cards from the original OCG set; Inzektor Hornet. Inzektor Hornet is the heart and soul of the Inzektor engine. Let me give you an analogy, Inzektor Hornet is to Inzektor’s as Dragunity Phalanx is to Dragunities. Basically once you get it into the Graveyard your entire Inzektor Engine becomes live and gets going. You can easily get it into the Graveyard with cards such as Dark Grepher and Armageddon Knight. Another more obscure way to tutor into it would be with Verdant Sanctuary since most of your Monsters in your Deck are Level Three Insects, unfortunately though you can’t use Verdant Sanctuary’s Effect when you send an Inzektor Monster to the Graveyard as an Equip Card for its own Effect since it is sent to the Graveyard not Destroyed. Now that you have Inzektor Hornet you are probably wondering what do you do with it that is so amazing, worry not I shall enlighten you. You can equip this from your Hand or Graveyard to cards such as Inzektor Dragonfly or Inzektor Centipede creating some great combos. You can send your Inzektor Hornet to your Graveyard by its own Effect to destroy a card and then search your deck for another Inzektor Monster and either Special Summon it or add it to your Hand depending on if you used Inzektor Dragonfly or Inzektor Centipede letting you create a sort of loop using Inzektor Dragonfly to Special Summon Inzektor Centipede and then using Inzektor Centipede to add Inzektor Dragonfly to your hand. You can further abuse this loop with Inzektor Giga-Mantis to create a very devastating combo.
1. Normal Summon Inzektor Dragonfly
2. Equip Inzektor Dragonfly with Inzektor Hornet from your hand or Graveyard
3. Destroy a card with Inzektor Hornet and Special Summon Inzektor Centipede with Inzektor Dragonfly
4. Equip Inzektor Centipede with Inzektor Hornet from your Graveyard
5. Equip Inzektor Dragonfly with Inzektor Giga-Mantis from your hand
6. Destroy Inzektor Giga-Mantis with Inzektor Hornet
7. Special Summon another Inzektor from your Graveyard with Inzektor Giga-Mantis (preferably Inzektor Dragonfly), Search your deck for another Inzektor from your deck with Inzektor Centipede and Special Summon another Inzektor with your Inzektor Dragonfly
From here you have four Monsters on the board and you can destroy multiple more cards with Inzektor Hornet and make multiple Rank Three Monsters, this should win you the game.
Expect to see a lot of this card when it comes out because it is a very solid strategy, whether it can hold up to the tier zero Plant Chaos decks has yet to be seen though. I expect this to get a rarity bump though just because of how crucial it is to the Inzektor strategy.